Now accepting applications for the 2015 Education Advisory Group (EAG)!
We invite you to apply for a position by submitting the information listed below by December 8, 2014. Selected members will attend a 2-day conference in San Francisco and work with SF Fed Econ Ed staff through December of 2015 on content ideas, teaching activities, the use of technology, and best practices related to teaching about the Federal Reserve and the U.S. economy.
Who is eligible to apply?
High school economics, business, and/or social studies teachers; social studies curriculum directors; language arts teachers; math teachers; online economics teachers
During the 2-day conference, you will:
- Work in collaborative teams to discuss your role as an educational leader within your school/district/subject matter area in terms of the Common Core and educational policy issues (e.g. literacy, student engagement, college attendance)
- Network with Federal Reserve staff and educators
- Tour the vault and Fed Center museum
- Round-trip airfare
- Hotel accommodations
- $100 travel stipend to cover transportation costs to and from the airport and any incidentals
- $150 for substitute teacher pay, for up to two days
- $500 stipend for full participation in all required activities (payable in 2016)
Your work with the EAG throughout the year will include:
- Pre- and post-test of your knowledge of economic content and the Federal Reserve
- Quarterly virtual meetings with the whole EAG group
- Four teacher-led feedback focus groups with students
- Four teacher feedback surveys on FRBSF education resources
- Two presentations to colleagues about FRBSF economic education resources
- Monthly participation in an online discussion board
Application – Submission deadline is December 8, 2014.
If you are interested in serving on the Education Advisory Group, send the information listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- First & last name
- School name
- School address/City/State/Zip
- Primary contact phone number
- Subjects taught this year
- Number of years teaching
Respond to the following prompts (each 250 words or less):
- Tell us how your experience and background will benefit the Education Advisory Group.
- Tell us about a time when you demonstrated leadership skills within your role as an educator.
- How would you leverage your experience with the Education Advisory Group to advance your goals as an educator?
- Those selected for the Education Advisory Group will be notified no later than December 19, 2014.
- An effort will be made to select at least one high school teacher from each of the nine western states within the 12th District (Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington).
- If selected, EAG Fellows will agree to:
- make themselves available to attend and participate in all sessions of the two-day conference, starting Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 8:00 AM and adjourning on Friday, February 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM
- serve a one-year commitment (through December 2015)